Be the Change You Want to See
Since 1914, the YWCA Tulsa has been committed to empowering women and eliminating racism. So when it comes to our team, we work to recruit people who share our passions, who have fresh ideas, experience, talent and a strong desire to serve. Learn more about our culture.
If you want to contribute meaningful work at one of the leading nonprofits in the region, consider coming to work for the YWCA. Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package.
Click here to print our employment application.
Position Description: Enter data and maintain records according to grant and other funding requirements. Comply with grant requirements by utilizing various nationally normed, standardized testing tools for English Language Learners.
- Assess English proficiency level through various nationally normed, standardized testing tools for English Language Learners.
- Track ELL data by entering information into appropriate databases.
- Responsible for scheduling and referring clients to agency and/or community ELL and/or ELL/Civics/Citizenship classes based on test results.
- Prepare Level 1 and Level 2 folders for teachers with all necessary student information, including copy of LPR card and blank copies of assessment report forms as required by grant.
- Assist Language Services Manager with field testing and training of new teachers on procedures and required program paperwork.
- Assist with reminder follow-up calls to students.
- Maintain all files in accordance with grant requirements.
- Participate in YWCA functions as needed and requested by supervisor.
- Comply with all YWCA policies and procedures.
- Attend required departmental meetings as needed.
- Basic computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office Suite, databases)
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must work within scheduled work hours including schedule changes deemed necessary by the LS Manager, to accommodate periodic evening testing
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English at a fluent level
- Must be an advocate for the mission, values and goals of the YWCA Tulsa.
- Work effectively with all employees and members of all races, religions, sexes, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions; and without regard to disability status, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran.
- Work on skills that can help communicate her/his point to an audience belonging to a completely different identity and/or background. These differences can be identity-based, geographical, ethical, political, or historical.
- Openness to engaging conflict in a positive and proactive manner with the goals of finding solutions, producing change, and bringing together opposing parties.
- Strong commitment to learning, growth, and continuous improvement.
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Experience in nationally normed, standardized test administration preferred
- Knowledge of ELL instructional methodology a plus
- Knowledge of the U.S. naturalization process and EL/Civics ideal
- Basic conversational language skills in Spanish helpful
Vision requires several hours sitting at a computer. Will routinely lift and/or move and position objects weighing up to 25 lbs. (i.e., textbooks)
Please email your cover letter, resume, and application to Diana Keathley at email@example.com. Please print the application form from our website.
Will be responsible for coordinating the grants administration and payroll functions for the YWCA Tulsa.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, or five years progressive work experience having managed a payroll for at least a 100-person staff and a minimum of three years progressive experience in state, federal and foundation grant reporting is required.
· Proven experience in administrative skills, including planning, organization, and time management.
· Intermediate or advanced computer skills are required—Microsoft Word and Excel, and payroll databases (preferably Paylocity).
Send cover letter and resume to HR@ywcatulsa.org.
Come be a part of the YWCA Tulsa team as a part-time swim instructor. Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification required; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 918-628-1033.
YWCA Tulsa is looking for dedicated, indoor, part-time lifeguards at its two locations! Flexible schedules with the potential to work 10 to 20+ hours a week--afternoon and evening shifts available. Gym membership included. Pay based on experience. American Red Cross Lifeguard certification required; WSI certification and bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Please email a resume to email@example.com or fax to 918-628-1033.
Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Providing equal employment opportunity to those qualified.
- Recruiting and hiring people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.