Be the Change You Want to See
Since 1914, the YWCA Tulsa has been committed to empowering women and eliminating racism. So when it comes to our team, we work to recruit people who share our passions, who have fresh ideas, experience, talent and a strong desire to serve. Learn more about our culture.
If you want to contribute meaningful work at one of the leading nonprofits in the region, consider coming to work for the YWCA. Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package.
Click here to print our employment application.
No current openings
- ELL Civics Instructor (PT)
- Swim Instructors (PT)
- Lifeguards (PT)
- Drop-In Child Care Attendants (PT)
- Fitness Center Attendants (PT)
Position Description: Responsible for teaching curriculum plans to assist immigrants and refugees in achieving linguistic and citizenship competency to pass naturalization exam.
- Instruct immigrant and refugee students using best practice ESL methods and materials to increase students’ functional language competency, and to reach students’ educational and other goals.
- Maintain excellent student records including attendance, pre-, mid-, and post-tests, student/class outcomes, and submit data as per Language Services Procedures in a timely manner.
- Adhere to government grant requirements.
- Instruct immigrant and refugee legal permanent residents using civics and citizenship curriculum to increase students’ knowledge of the naturalization process to become US citizens, and promote civic and community engagement.
- Plan and implement lessons and activities appropriate to the type and level of class being taught, whether English language, pre-GED, or Project Citizenship.
- Substitute for other teachers when necessary depending on availability.
- Attend required Language Services departmental meetings as requested.
- Engage in a minimum of 15 hours of professional development during the fiscal year.
- Participate in YWCA functions as needed and requested by the Director.
- Comply with all YWCA policies and procedures.
- The duties in this job description represent the major functions but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, and write English, and another language preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, especially as required in preparing lessons and working and interacting with diverse groups of students, internal and external contacts.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be an advocate for the mission, values, and goals of YWCA Tulsa.
- Work effectively with all employees and members of all races, religions, sexes, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions; and without regard to disability status, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran, or any other legally protected status, as well as socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Work on skills that can help communicate his/her point to an audience belonging to a completely different identity and/or background. These differences can be identity-based, geographical, ethical, political, or historical.
- Openness to engaging conflict in a positive and proactive manner with the goals of finding solutions, producing change, and bringing together opposing parties.
- Strong commitment to learning, growth, and continuous improvement.
- Current Oklahoma Driver’s License and current insurance verification.
- Bachelor degree with TESL certificate and Oklahoma or other current Certified teaching certificate.
- Two teaching years’ experience required.
- Teaching Civics and US history and/or naturalization process preferred.
Please print and complete the online employment application. Email the completed application and resume with "ELL Civics Instructor" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Come be a part of the YWCA Tulsa team as a part-time swim instructor. Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification required; bilingual in Spanish preferred. We will certify qualified candidates.
Please print and complete the online employment application and email the completed application and resume with Swim Instructor in the subject line to email@example.com.
YWCA Tulsa is looking for dedicated, indoor, part-time lifeguards at its two locations! Flexible schedules with the potential to work 10 to 20+ hours a week--afternoon and evening shifts available. Gym membership included. Pay based on experience. American Red Cross Lifeguard certification required; WSI certification and bilingual in Spanish a plus. We will certify qualified candidates.
Please print and complete the online employment application and email the completed application and resume with "Lifeguard" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please print and complete the online employment application and email the completed application and resume with "Drop-In Child Care Attendant" in the subject line to email@example.com.
Join the Health & Wellness team at YWCA Tulsa! Duties include maintaining the facility and equipment, welcoming members, and leading tours. Shifts include opening and weekends. Multiple positions available.
Please print and complete the online employment application and email the completed application and resume with "Fitness Center Attendant" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you passionate about health and fitness? Are you interested in helping an already solid CrossFit program grow? If so, then look no further!
An affiliate of CrossFit Life, YWCA Tulsa is committed to providing a safe and effective coaching environment for our passionate and committed members who are a welcoming, close-knit group. We keep classes small to promote an environment that is supportive of individuals at all fitness levels. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic CrossFit Instructor who shares the same philosophy.
The ideal candidate is a professional, committed coach who has a genuine desire to be in the fitness industry, has a desire to improve the quality of life of those around them, and wants to inspire and motivate fitness and performance in others. The candidate is expected to design and implement high quality programming suited to fit the needs of our diverse clientele. He/she must have his/her CrossFit Trainer Level 1 certification or higher. The candidate should be able to cover any or all of the currently scheduled classes:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 9am and 11am
- Tuesday and Thursday: 12pm and 5:30pm
- Motivating & energetic to all members and staff
- Excellent communicator and supportive coach
- Experienced in program design
- Passionate about fitness
- Reliable & punctual with a desire to be early and well prepared for clients, classes and ensuring the facility is in great shape
This is a contract position. Compensation is commensurate with experience. To apply, please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The review of applications will be on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled. No calls, please.
YWCA Tulsa is seeking undergraduate or graduate students for fall internships in our Mission Impact department, which oversees our racial justice, women’s empowerment, public policy, and research and evaluation work. Students will work 10-40 hours per week, based on availability, at the YWCA Midtown Center. Internships begin on or near Tuesday, September 8, and will run through the fall semester, with the possibility of renewing for the spring semester.
This internship will heavily involve research and analysis in the areas of racial justice and women’s economic empowerment, especially immigrants’ rights, criminal justice reform, and the wealth gap. Interns may also be responsible for some project management and meeting and event coordination.
We are looking for highly-motivated students with strong writing and research skills, a sharp analysis of race, gender, and identity, and a demonstrated interest in social justice. The ideal candidate has a deep commitment to personal growth and learning and is highly curious and inquisitive about new subjects.
Students should have completed at least four semesters of course work. The internship will primarily be office-based but could include occasional attendance at offsite meetings in Tulsa or Oklahoma City. While this is an unpaid internship, we are happy to cooperate with an institution's requirements for academic credit.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume with "Fall Mission Impact internship" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 28. No calls, please.
The YWCA is committed to:
- Providing equal employment opportunity to those qualified.
- Recruiting and hiring people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more about our culture here.