Be the Change You Want to See
Since 1914, the YWCA Tulsa has been committed to empowering women and eliminating racism. So when it comes to our team, we work to recruit people who share our passions, who have fresh ideas, experience, talent and a strong desire to serve. Learn more about our culture.
If you want to contribute meaningful work at one of the leading nonprofits in the region, consider coming to work for the YWCA. Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package.
Click here to print our employment application.
Position Description: Will be responsible for coordinating the grants administration and payroll functions for the YWCA Tulsa.
- Primary administrator/contact to payroll vendor (Paylocity)
- Trains staff and directors on how to use payroll software, including new hires and current employees on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures that all timesheets have been reviewed and approved by supervisors on a timely basis.
- Works directly with supervisors and directors to ensure proper distribution of time, including assistance to supervisors for understanding/tracking budgeted hours in grant budget.
- Maintains and updates Project Codes for payroll software and individual staff records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensures informatino for new hires from HR is complete and accurate, including scanning all tax and related payroll documents to individuals' file and verifying direct deposit accounts.
- Updates existing staff records such as reimbursements, Levy's, Child Support, Judgments, bankruptcies, etc)
- Makes payrolls adjustments in the payroll system.
- Manage the payroll side of terminations.
- Understand grants fully, including retrieving documents from agencies to ensure grant is being allocated properly.
- Provides grant regulation guidance to directors and staff.
- Establishes and maintains calendar of grant reporting deadlines related to federal and state portion of program funding.
- Maintains "Federal Registration" for continuing grant eligibility on an annual basis.
- Liaison for State and Federal Grant Administrators regarding expenditures.
Grant Reporting (Agency and Internal)
- Compiles from general ledger all grant expenses and revenues. Categorizes, copies and completes grant reporting forms and schedules for submission and invoicing to federal or state funders.
- Verifies accuracy of expenditures and revenues per grant guidelines.
- Updates Accounting Coordinator and Director of Finance of incoming revenue from grants.
- Creates any journal entries to adjust the general ledger for any change to expenditure allocations.
- Works with director, manager, supervisors of Immigration & Refugee services to forecast future expenditures.
- Creates and maintains annual budgets for grants, and assists with the creation of deparmental annual budget for Immigration and Refugee programs.
- Maintains all documents for annual agency audit.
- Creates journal entries to adjust the general ledger for any changes to expenditure allocations.
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting, or five years progressive work experience having manager a payroll for at least a 100-person staff and a minimum of three years progressive experience in state, federal and foundation grant reporting is required.
Proven experience in administrative skills, including planning, organization and time management.
Intermediate or advanced computer skills are required - Microsoft Word and Excel and payroll databases (preferably Paylocity)
Send cover letter and resume to HR@ywcatulsa.org
Position Description: Must demonstrate managerial skills in handling a variety of administrative and executive support related tasks for the CEO, Board of Directors and Administration Management Team on a day-to-day basis.
Administration and Communications: Provide administrative and communications support to the CEO and Administration Management Team to ensure that everyone has the tools and support they need to do their jobs well.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO, Administration Management Team, Board of Directors, and Advisory Board using good judgment and confidentiality. Prepare board communications including meeting reminders, agendas, packets, and rosters. Represent the organization and staff to all audiences in all forms of communication in a professional and diplomatic manner. All communications will be accurate and precise.
- Distribute staff meeting and management team agendas. Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations and various letters for mailing for the Administration Management Team. Maintain agency calendar and schedules.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, conferences, travel and other events as requested, including arranging for necessary materials, food, beverages, and audio visual needs.
- Assist with special events as needed (i.e. Wine, Women & Shoes; United Way Day of Caring, Benefits Enrollment Meetings, etc.).
- Assist the Communications and Development department with the creation of the daily donation log, the printing of acknowledgement letters, and regular and mass mailings.
- Act as the central repository for organizational records and operating documents and ensure the destruction of documents in accordance with the records retention policy.
- Support additional administrative needs of the office (e.g. answering telephones, distributing incoming mail, interoffice mail pickup and delivery, preparing and distributing phone listings, ordering supplies etc.)
Human Resources: Provide administrative support as part of the HR team to assist in ensuring a stellar HR program.
- Process all new hire paperwork, including background checks and master employee census, and conduct new hire orientations as needed.
- Maintain all personnel files, employee medical records, and I-9 files in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Audit benefits enrollment changes on a quarterly basis to support HR and Finance.
- Support additional human resources needs as required.
- Required to transport themselves to and from meetings and pick up supplies. Mileage will be reimbursed according to YWCA Tulsa policy.
- Be an advocate for the mission, values and goals of the YWCA Tulsa.
- Proficient IT skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and use of various databases. Intermediate knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Experience using donor databases.
- Highly organized, attention to detail, effective time management skills, strong follow through. Ability to lead projects, multi-task and work with minimal supervision, and consistently meet deadlines. Shows initiative in all aspects of the job.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality while remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful in meeting the daily responsibilities of the position.
- Strong customer service skills, interpersonal skills and team player. Presents a positive attitude, flexibility and adaptability in our fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of mail processes (postage machines, Federal Express, UPS).
- Human Resources office experience.
- High School diploma and three years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience required. Associate’s degree in secretarial science, business administration, or a related discipline and five years of administrative/office management experience desired.
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
- Notary Public desired.
Please print and complete the online employment application and email the completed application, cover letter and resume with Office Manager/Assistant in the subject line to HR@ywcatulsa.org by January 12th.
Position Description: This position manages volunteer resources to assist in the delivery of YWCA Tulsa's programs, services and events. This includes directly managing volunteers, and providing guidance, support, resources and tools to staff who utilize volunteers. This is a new program; therefore, the responsibilities and duties detailed below will likely change and/or expand as the program develops.
- Create volunteer program materials (policies and procedures, applications, volunteer agreements, orientation handbooks) based on best practices.
- Liaise with departments within YWCA Tulsa to understand how they work, develop partnerships and assess the need for volunteers to enhance program/service delivery.
- Seek out appropriate volunteering opportunities and develop volunteer job descriptions based on the needs of the programs and departments.
- Engage in community outreach and cultivate relationships with potential partners to create a volunteer pool.
- Raise staff awareness of the role and function of volunteers.
- Develop and implement goals and objectives for the volunteer program which reflect the mission of the organization.
- Keep up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and making any necessary modifications to policies and procedures to accommodate changes.
- Train staff to work effectively and cooperatively with volunteers.
- Coordinate screening of potential volunteers, including but not limited to reviewing applications, conducting interviews, performing background checks, etc.
- Orient volunteers to increase their understanding of YWCA Tulsa, its clients, members, and services.
- Ensure that volunteers are given appropriate training and supervision to be successful in their positions.
- Match volunteers to organizational needs and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain volunteer database track volunteer statistics.
- Establish and implement a process for evaluating the effectiveness of the volunteer program.
- Plan and implement formal and informal volunteer recognition activities to recognize the contribution of volunteers to the organization.
- Assist with conflict resolution among clients, staff and volunteers according to established procedures.
- Required to transport themselves to and from special events and volunteer engagements. Mileage will be reimbursed according to YWCA Tulsa policy.
- The duties in this job description represent the major functions but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Knowledge of volunteerism and volunteer management best practices.
- The ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles.
- The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities and organizations.
- The ability to avoid and/or alleviate conflict.
- Must be organized and flexible.
- Multi-lingual preferred.
- Must have initiative, creativity, and give attention to details.
- Must have the ability to regularly works evenings and weekends with flexible scheduling. Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
- Excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills.
- Be an advocate for the mission, values and goals of YWCA Tulsa.
- Reliable transportation with valid driver Oklahoma driver license and current insurance verification.
- Bachelor’s degree in social service-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of supervisory or management experience.
- Proven experience in administrative skills, including planning, organization, and time management.
- Intermediate or advanced computer skills are required – Microsoft Office Suite and volunteer databases.
Please print and complete the online employment application and email the completed application, cover letter and resume with Volunteer Coordinator in the subject line to email@example.com by January 12, 2015.
Come be a part of the YWCA Tulsa team as a part-time swim instructor. Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification required; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 918-628-1033.
YWCA Tulsa is looking for dedicated, indoor, part-time lifeguards at its two locations! Flexible schedules with the potential to work 10 to 20+ hours a week--afternoon and evening shifts available. Gym membership included. Pay based on experience. American Red Cross Lifeguard certification required; WSI certification and bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Please email a resume to email@example.com or fax to 918-628-1033.
Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Health & Wellness team at YWCA Tulsa! Duties include maintaining the facility and equipment, welcoming members, and leading tours. Shifts include opening and weekends. Multiple positions available.
Please email a resume to email@example.com.
Position Description: Responsible for assisting refugees with their social service needs through case management, support services, and interpretation assistance.
- Conduct intake and assessments of refugee clients and assess case management and other needs in the prescribed time frame as dictated by grant and or agency policy.
- Provide case management services, such as facilitating medical care, housing, driver’s license, social security card, cash assistance, food, clothing, insurance, education, and other needs.Be able to collaborate and provide services to refugees and asylees from different countries and ethnic backgrounds.
- Provide (or arrange for) translation and interpretation services for refugee clients, including translation for Refugee Job Developer.
- Interpret and convert the meaning of all messages from one language to another without additions, deletions, or changes in meaning and without interjecting their own opinions.
- Educate vendor’s staff about the interpreting process.
- Must be able to act as a cultural clarifier when traditional beliefs or practices lack equivalent terms.
- Maintain current best interpreting practices.
- Be familiar with current language vernacular and or vocabulary germane to type of interpreting, medical, legal etc.
- Provide transportation to various social and employment services for refugees as needed.
- Maintain appropriate case files in confidential best practice and provide accurate and timely documentation.
- Provide cultural and practical living skills information to clients individually and in group settings on a regular basis.
- Identify and develop relationship with other community service organizations that assist refugees.
- Basic computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office Suite, databases).
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English at a fluent level, as well as other major target foreign language fluently.
- Must be an advocate for the mission, values and goals of the YWCA Tulsa.
- Strong commitment to learning, growth, and continuous improvement.
- Effective interpersonal skills in working with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Associate degree or one year related experience working with refugees required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Reliable transportation with valid driver Oklahoma driver license and current insurance verification.
- One year of professional interpreting in Burmese and English in social service settings.
- Certifications and/or professional language interpreting training is required.
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced working with Limited English Populations.
Please print and complete the online employment application and email the completed application, cover letter and resume with Refugee Case Manager and Interpreter in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Providing equal employment opportunity to those qualified.
- Recruiting and hiring people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.