Be the Change You Want to See
Since 1914, the YWCA Tulsa has been committed to empowering women and eliminating racism. So when it comes to our team, we work to recruit people who share our passions, who have fresh ideas, experience, talent and a strong desire to serve. Learn more about our culture.
If you want to contribute meaningful work at one of the leading nonprofits in the region, consider coming to work for the YWCA. Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package.
Click here to print our employment application.
Position Description: Enter data and maintain records according to grant and other funding requirements. Comply with grant requirements by utilizing various nationally normed, standardized testing tools for English Language Learners.
- Assess English proficiency level through various nationally normed, standardized testing tools for English Language Learners.
- Track ELL data by entering information into appropriate databases.
- Responsible for scheduling and referring clients to agency and/or community ELL and/or ELL/Civics/Citizenship classes based on test results.
- Prepare Level 1 and Level 2 folders for teachers with all necessary student information, including copy of LPR card and blank copies of assessment report forms as required by grant.
- Assist Language Services Manager with field testing and training of new teachers on procedures and required program paperwork.
- Assist with reminder follow-up calls to students.
- Maintain all files in accordance with grant requirements.
- Participate in YWCA functions as needed and requested by supervisor.
- Comply with all YWCA policies and procedures.
- Attend required departmental meetings as needed.
- Basic computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office Suite, databases)
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must work within scheduled work hours including schedule changes deemed necessary by the LS Manager, to accommodate periodic evening testing
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English at a fluent level
- Must be an advocate for the mission, values and goals of the YWCA Tulsa.
- Work effectively with all employees and members of all races, religions, sexes, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions; and without regard to disability status, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran.
- Work on skills that can help communicate her/his point to an audience belonging to a completely different identity and/or background. These differences can be identity-based, geographical, ethical, political, or historical.
- Openness to engaging conflict in a positive and proactive manner with the goals of finding solutions, producing change, and bringing together opposing parties.
- Strong commitment to learning, growth, and continuous improvement.
- Associates degree or higher preferred
- Experience in nationally normed, standardized test administration preferred
- Knowledge of ELL instructional methodology a plus
- Knowledge of the U.S. naturalization process and EL/Civics ideal
- Basic conversational language skills in Spanish helpful
Vision requires several hours sitting at a computer. Will routinely lift and/or move and position objects weighing up to 25 lbs. (i.e., textbooks)
Please email your cover letter, resume, and application to Diana Keathley at email@example.com. Please print the application form from our website.
Position Description: Will be responsible for coordinating the grants administration and payroll functions for the YWCA Tulsa.
- Primary administrator/contact to payroll vendor (Paylocity)
- Trains staff and directors on how to use payroll software, including new hires and current employees on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures that all timesheets have been reviewed and approved by supervisors on a timely basis.
- Works directly with supervisors and directors to ensure proper distribution of time, including assistance to supervisors for understanding/tracking budgeted hours in grant budget.
- Maintains and updates Project Codes for payroll software and individual staff records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensures informatino for new hires from HR is complete and accurate, including scanning all tax and related payroll documents to individuals' file and verifying direct deposit accounts.
- Updates existing staff records such as reimbursements, Levy's, Child Support, Judgments, bankruptcies, etc)
- Makes payrolls adjustments in the payroll system.
- Manage the payroll side of terminations.
- Understand grants fully, including retrieving documents from agencies to ensure grant is being allocated properly.
- Provides grant regulation guidance to directors and staff.
- Establishes and maintains calendar of grant reporting deadlines related to federal and state portion of program funding.
- Maintains "Federal Registration" for continuing grant eligibility on an annual basis.
- Liaison for State and Federal Grant Administrators regarding expenditures.
Grant Reporting (Agency and Internal)
- Compiles from general ledger all grant expenses and revenues. Categorizes, copies and completes grant reporting forms and schedules for submission and invoicing to federal or state funders.
- Verifies accuracy of expenditures and revenues per grant guidelines.
- Updates Accounting Coordinator and Director of Finance of incoming revenue from grants.
- Creates any journal entries to adjust the general ledger for any change to expenditure allocations.
- Works with director, manager, supervisors of Immigration & Refugee services to forecast future expenditures.
- Creates and maintains annual budgets for grants, and assists with the creation of deparmental annual budget for Immigration and Refugee programs.
- Maintains all documents for annual agency audit.
- Creates journal entries to adjust the general ledger for any changes to expenditure allocations.
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting, or five years progressive work experience having manager a payroll for at least a 100-person staff and a minimum of three years progressive experience in state, federal and foundation grant reporting is required.
Proven experience in administrative skills, including planning, organization and time management.
Intermediate or advanced computer skills are required - Microsoft Word and Excel and payroll databases (preferably Paylocity)
Send cover letter and resume to HR@ywcatulsa.org
Position Description: The Communications Manager serves as the hub of institutional information, cultivating external and internal relationships that help interpret public attitudes, engage and inform various key audiences, and safeguard assets and data.
- Develop content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action across multiple platforms to include television, radio, and print advertisements, eNewsletters, printed newsletters, press releases, social media, website, and internal instruments.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including but not limited to annual reports, brochures, flyers, workbooks, posters, and mailing lists.
- Track, measure, and report message impact by means of media impressions, anecdotal responses, presentations, etc.
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with media outlets and public-facing entities, leveraging paid buys to create earned media opportunities and promotions.
- In collaboration with key department heads, develop and execute awareness, public relations, and marketing campaigns for specials events and advocacy campaigns.
- Lead organizational efforts surrounding Tulsa Area United Way’s Day of Caring and workplace giving initiatives.
- Introduce new communication vehicles to create momentum and awareness as well as to gauge the effectiveness of overall communications activities.
- Solicit and coordinate cause-related marketing opportunities.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the Communications and Development department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be passionate advocate for the mission, values and goals of YWCA Tulsa.
- Excellent attention to detail - able to catch the smallest typo and remember countless names.
- Superior communication skills - verbal, written, and web-based.
- Advanced writer who can adjust messaging and tone based on the audience and medium.
- Advanced communication skills (Microsoft Office with heavy use of Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is strongly preferred.
- Graphic design skills are highly desirable.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- 4-year bachelor degree, preferably in communications, marketing, business, or related field.
- Project management and event management experience.
- Experience in all forms of communication - written, verbal, web, social media.
Please print and complete the online employment application and email the completed application, cover letter and resume with Communications Manager in the subject line to HR@ywcatulsa.org by December 5th.
Come be a part of the YWCA Tulsa team as a part-time swim instructor. Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification required; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 918-628-1033.
YWCA Tulsa is looking for dedicated, indoor, part-time lifeguards at its two locations! Flexible schedules with the potential to work 10 to 20+ hours a week--afternoon and evening shifts available. Gym membership included. Pay based on experience. American Red Cross Lifeguard certification required; WSI certification and bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Please email a resume to email@example.com or fax to 918-628-1033.
Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Providing equal employment opportunity to those qualified.
- Recruiting and hiring people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.