Be the Change You Want to See
Since 1914, the YWCA Tulsa has been committed to empowering women and eliminating racism. So when it comes to our team, we work to recruit people who share our passions, who have fresh ideas, experience, talent and a strong desire to serve. Learn more about our culture.
If you want to contribute meaningful work at one of the leading nonprofits in the region, consider coming to work for the YWCA. Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package.
Click here to print our employment application.
- ELL Civics Instructor (PT)
- Swim Instructors (PT)
- Lifeguards (PT)
- Drop-In Child Care Attendants (PT)
- Fitness Center Attendants (PT)
Position Description: Visionary leader tasked with guiding and growing a 30+ year old accredited immigration agency that is known for affordable, client-focused immigrant and refugee programming. The Director is responsible for program strategy, organizational and performance management, stewardship of agency resources, and ensuring best practices.
- Plan, implement, direct, and evaluate the YWCA Tulsa’s Immigrant and Refugee Programs strategies to support the achievement of the organization’s overall success and its business and financial objectives.
- Participate in the development and implementation of major organizational processes, such as strategic planning, budgeting, and program development/evaluation/outcomes. Assure that programs are in compliance with federal and contract requirements.
- Ability to work across diverse communities and build strong partnerships, with experience in community organizing and working across public and private sectors.
- Contribute to program development and grant proposal development, advising managers and grant-writing staff on the clarity of our outcomes and the evaluation component of new initiatives and proposals.
- Develop initiatives designed to build and foster an organizational culture of inclusion, empowerment, excellence, respect, boldness.
- Establish relationships throughout the organization with management and employees in order to build effective partnerships that strengthen and feed into other YWCA programs.
- In partnership with the Information Technology unit, develop data tracking systems so that managers/staff are readily able to identify and highlight trends and critical issues.
- Provide effective leadership on issues impacting immigrants and refugees. Ensure that policies and programs at YWCA address existing and emerging needs of immigrant and refugee communities and ensure the equitable inclusion of immigrants and refugees.
- Oversee leadership development and training opportunities for YWCA Tulsa I&R employees to encourage continual professional development and maintain and or acquire program accreditation in compliance with immigration and other professional disciplines with the goal of developing the most effective team possible.
- Develop and oversee organizational policies and procedures as a means of ensuring transparent and open communication with employees, supporting supervisors in the effective management of their people, and protecting the organization.
- Ability to manage, assign, delegate responsibilities, and to accomplish the desired results both through individual work and through department staff.
- A strong track record as an implementer with excellent organization skills who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Managing funds and budgeting is critical, as well as the ability to analyze financial information.
- Ability to manage Federal and State grants.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, especially as required in preparing and making presentations, working with various committees, and interacting with diverse groups of internal and external contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with personnel and stakeholders at all organization levels.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Burmese, or other languages helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years of supervisory experience is required.
- Basic to intermediate computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products and project management software.
Please print and complete the online employment application and email the completed application, cover letter and resume with "Director of Immigrant and Refugee Program" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Applications are due Friday, June 19, 2015.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO, Administration Management Team, Board of Directors, and Advisory Board using good judgment and confidentiality.
- Prepare board communications including meeting reminders, agendas, packets, and rosters. Represent the organization and staff to all audiences in all forms of communication in a professional and diplomatic manner. All communications will be accurate and precise.
- Distribute staff meeting and management team agendas. Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations and various letters for mailing for the Administration Management Team. Maintain agency calendar and schedules.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, conferences, travel and other events as requested, including arranging for necessary materials, food, beverages, and audio visual needs.
- Assist with special events as needed (i.e. Wine, Women & Shoes; United Way Day of Caring, Benefits Enrollment Meetings, etc.).
- Assist the Communications and Development department with the creation of the daily donation log, the printing of acknowledgement letters, and regular and mass mailings.
- Act as the central repository for organizational records and operating documents and ensure the destruction of documents in accordance with the records retention policy.
- Support additional administrative needs of the office (e.g. answering telephones, distributing incoming mail, interoffice mail pickup and delivery, preparing and distributing phone listings, ordering supplies etc.)
- Coordinate with facilities management company regarding maintenance and housekeeping issues.
- Process all new hire paperwork, including background checks and master employee census, and conduct new hire orientations as needed.
- Maintain all personnel files, employee medical records, and I-9 files in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Audit benefits enrollment changes on a quarterly basis to support HR and Finance.
- Required to transport themselves to and from meetings and pick up supplies. Mileage will be reimbursed according to YWCA Tulsa policy.
- Highly organized, attention to detail, effective time management skills, strong follow through. Ability to lead projects, multi-task and work with minimal supervision, and consistently meet deadlines. Shows initiative in all aspects of the job.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality while remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful in meeting the daily responsibilities of the position.
- Strong customer service skills, interpersonal skills and team player. Presents a positive attitude, flexibility and adaptability in our fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of mail processes (postage machines, Federal Express, UPS).
- Three to five years of administrative/office management experience required.
- One to two years of human resources office experience required.
- Associate’s degree in secretarial science, business administration, or a related discipline desired.
- Proficient IT skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and use of various databases. Intermediate knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Experience using donor databases desired.
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
- Notary Public helpful.
Position Description: Responsible for teaching curriculum plans to assist immigrants and refugees in achieving linguistic and citizenship competency to pass naturalization exam.
- Instruct immigrant and refugee students using best practice ESL methods and materials to increase students’ functional language competency, and to reach students’ educational and other goals.
- Maintain excellent student records including attendance, pre-, mid-, and post-tests, student/class outcomes, and submit data as per Language Services Procedures in a timely manner.
- Adhere to government grant requirements.
- Instruct immigrant and refugee legal permanent residents using civics and citizenship curriculum to increase students’ knowledge of the naturalization process to become US citizens, and promote civic and community engagement.
- Plan and implement lessons and activities appropriate to the type and level of class being taught, whether English language, pre-GED, or Project Citizenship.
- Substitute for other teachers when necessary depending on availability.
- Attend required Language Services departmental meetings as requested.
- Engage in a minimum of 15 hours of professional development during the fiscal year.
- Participate in YWCA functions as needed and requested by the Director.
- Comply with all YWCA policies and procedures.
- The duties in this job description represent the major functions but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, and write English, and another language preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, especially as required in preparing lessons and working and interacting with diverse groups of students, internal and external contacts.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be an advocate for the mission, values, and goals of YWCA Tulsa.
- Work effectively with all employees and members of all races, religions, sexes, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions; and without regard to disability status, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran, or any other legally protected status, as well as socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Work on skills that can help communicate his/her point to an audience belonging to a completely different identity and/or background. These differences can be identity-based, geographical, ethical, political, or historical.
- Openness to engaging conflict in a positive and proactive manner with the goals of finding solutions, producing change, and bringing together opposing parties.
- Strong commitment to learning, growth, and continuous improvement.
- Current Oklahoma Driver’s License and current insurance verification.
- Bachelor degree with TESL certificate and Oklahoma or other current Certified teaching certificate.
- Two teaching years’ experience required.
- Teaching Civics and US history and/or naturalization process preferred.
Please print and complete the online employment application. Email the completed application and resume with "ELL Civics Instructor" in the subject line to email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Come be a part of the YWCA Tulsa team as a part-time swim instructor. Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification required; bilingual in Spanish preferred. We will certify qualified candidates.
Please print and complete the online employment application and email the completed application and resume with Swim Instructor in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YWCA Tulsa is looking for dedicated, indoor, part-time lifeguards at its two locations! Flexible schedules with the potential to work 10 to 20+ hours a week--afternoon and evening shifts available. Gym membership included. Pay based on experience. American Red Cross Lifeguard certification required; WSI certification and bilingual in Spanish a plus. We will certify qualified candidates.
Please print and complete the online employment application and email the completed application and resume with "Lifeguard" in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please print and complete the online employment application and email the completed application and resume with "Drop-In Child Care Attendant" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Health & Wellness team at YWCA Tulsa! Duties include maintaining the facility and equipment, welcoming members, and leading tours. Shifts include opening and weekends. Multiple positions available.
Please print and complete the online employment application and email the completed application and resume with "Fitness Center Attendant" in the subject line to email@example.com.
Are you passionate about health and fitness? Are you interested in helping an already solid CrossFit program grow? If so, then look no further!
An affiliate of CrossFit Life, YWCA Tulsa is committed to providing a safe and effective coaching environment for our passionate and committed members who are a welcoming, close-knit group. We keep classes small to promote an environment that is supportive of individuals at all fitness levels. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic CrossFit Instructor who shares the same philosophy.
The ideal candidate is a professional, committed coach who has a genuine desire to be in the fitness industry, has a desire to improve the quality of life of those around them, and wants to inspire and motivate fitness and performance in others. The candidate is expected to design and implement high quality programming suited to fit the needs of our diverse clientele. He/she must have his/her CrossFit Trainer Level 1 certification or higher. The candidate should be able to cover any or all of the currently scheduled classes:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am and 11 am
- Tuesday, Thursday 12 pm and 5:30 pm
- Motivating & energetic to all members and staff
- Excellent communicator and supportive coach
- Experienced in program design
- Passionate about fitness
- Reliable & punctual with a desire to be early and well prepared for clients, classes and ensuring the facility is in great shape
This is a contract position. Compensation is commensurate with experience. To apply, please forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The review of applications will be on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled. No calls, please.
The YWCA is committed to:
- Providing equal employment opportunity to those qualified.
- Recruiting and hiring people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more about our culture here.